Friday, June 15, 2012

On to the Fun Stuff! (This One is Just a Bit Long)

Sorry this one is going to be a little long, but it is only because we are getting up to date. Since I am new to this, I thought I would just put up some designs I have already done. Next time, it will be just a regular post (promise). Please forgive the picture quality and also the cuticle quality. I didn't expect to ever be putting these on the World Wide Web (except for Facebook, of course). Also, I apologize that I do not know which polishes I used for some of them anymore. However, the ones I do know, when I say the base color I mean the main color or the color I put down first. I used Ulta Salon Formula Base Coat under all my manis to keep my nails from turning yellow. And then I used OPI Top Coat or Seche Vite Fast Drying Top Coat. (SV is great if I need them to dry super fast, but it's a little pricey so I try not to use it every time. That's when I use OPI).

 First I wanted to start with a photo of my collection. I just counted them and came up with 146 (including base coats and top coats). No, I don't have a super organized filing cabinet system. I just keep them all in a big storage bin and dig through it every time I do my nails. I have tried keeping them organized within the bin, but they just keep ending up like this. Now onto the polishes. I will start with my older designs to my most recent.


This was my very first design I ever did with my dotting tool.I think the base is Ulta Salon formula- TUTU CUTE and the dots are Ulta Salon Formula- FLAMINGO and Orly- WHITE TIPS (part of their French Tips line).


 I'm pretty sure the base of this is China Glaze- FLYIN' HIGH. Not sure what the dots are.


I did these for a MN Wild hockey game that Tim and I went to. I searched all day for a green that matched the Wild and finally settled on Ulta Salon Formula- ENVY.



This was Nicole by OPI- KOURT IS RED-Y FOR A PEDI, and Orly- WHITE TIPS


This pretty sparkle was Essie Luxe Effects- A CUT ABOVE


My first attempt with lines. I don't know what the base is (I think OPI- PINK FRIDAY), but I used Orly Instant Artist- JET BLACK for the lines (they have a range of colors that come in a bottle with a striping brush instead of a regular brush) and Butter London- CHANCER for the heart.


This one was really fun to do. I used a white base, probably Orly-WHITE TIPS, or OPI- ALPINE SNOW and then "sponged" on Orly- LEMONADE and Sally Hansen Hard as Nails- SUN KISSED using saran wrap. I put just a small drop of the color on a piece of paper, and used about a 1 inch by 1 inch piece of saran wrap balled up and dipped in the polish to "sponge" the polish on.


This was my first Gradient attempt. I loved the look of this. I feel so bad I can't remember which polish I used for the tips. I know I used Julep- ANNE for the base. (That's my Ulta Base Coat in my hand)


I loved doing this paint drop manicure. I used OPI- ALPINE SNOW for the base. and then thumb to pinky for the tips: Ulta Salon Formula- CELEBUTANTE, Ulta Salon Formula- LIMELIGHT, Piggy Polish-I PINK DIFFERENTLY THAN OTHERS, China Glaze- FLYIN' HIGH, Sally Hansen Hard as Nails- MELLOW YELLOW. I painted a stripe across the tip, then made some dots with my dotting tool. Then I used my dotting tool to drag some of the larger dots down into the stripe. (There is the amazing Seche Vite in my hand)


 My first tape mani. I used Wet n' Wild Fast Dry- GRAY'S ANATOMY as the base, then I taped it off and used China Glaze- LIQUID LEATHER. And added a few rhinestones to the ring finger.

So that brings us up to date. I did not include the manis I did for my mom and my sister. I will use them for a later post. I really hope everyone liked what I have done so far and I am really hoping to get some followers. So follow me if you like what you see. Thanks a lot!!! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments and love to hear from you guys. But I ask that you do not leave blog spam. Any comments that include links to your blogs will be removed. If you would like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me directly :) Thanks!