Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Rock Concert Nails

Hey Guys!! Hope everyone had a good weekend! So tomorrow my husband and I are going to a concert and I'm so excited. I did my mani today, though, as I will be studying all day tomorrow for 2 tests I have on Thursday. Blech!
Anyway, let's see if you can guess who we are seeing:



Did you guess it? Yeah I didn't think so. We are seeing The Gaslight Anthem!!! WooHoo!!

My favorite album of theirs is The '59 Sound and I used the album cover for my inspiration.
Good-looking guys, huh?

Anyway, this was my very first attempt doing actual nail art, with brushes and everything. And even though I  practiced quite a bit on some paper, the actual nail is way harder. So I apologize for the shotty quality of the art.



So my pointer, obviously are the letters of the band. And that thing on my ring finger? It's supposed to be a ferris wheel (they reference a ferris wheel in more than one song and even part of a song title).
See it?


I started with Zoya Kelly on all my fingers. I did one coat of OPI It's Totally Fort Worth It on my ring finger.
On my pointer I used Orly White Tips for the letters.
My ring finger I used China Glaze Liquid Leather for the ferris wheel and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Brisk Blue for the chairs(?).
I used Brisk Blue with my BM plate #206 for the stars on my other fingers.

So what do you think? Did I do ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments and love to hear from you guys. But I ask that you do not leave blog spam. Any comments that include links to your blogs will be removed. If you would like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me directly :) Thanks!